Special Title Transfers

Deceased Owner

Titles held in joint tenancy may be transferred to the survivor upon payment of a title transfer fee and submission of the title and a copy of the death certificate. Titles held in solely the deceased owner's name may be transferred by the executor or personal representative of the estate or the successor (estates less than $60,000). The following will have to be submitted to our office:
  • A copy of any court order giving applicant the right to finalize the estate.
  • A small estate affidavit (if the estate is valued at $64,000 or less). Small estate affidavit forms are available in our office.
  • At least ten days have elapsed since the date of death of the decedent.
  • Copy of the death certificate
  • Title in the name of the deceased, signed by the executor, personal representative, or successor.

Bond Title

The bonding procedure is followed when the required documents for titling are not available or are incorrect. The vehicle must be physically located in Colorado, road-worthy, and in your possession before completing the bonding procedure. Form DR 2922 (PDF) lists the 9 steps needed to complete the bonding process and is available in our office.

Manufactured Homes

Due to House Bill 1260, additional fees and forms are required. All transfers require a Manufactured Home Transfer Declaration (PDF).

The Delta County Assessor's Office has developed a comprehensive website detailing the requirements and necessary paperwork needed to move, set, destroy and/or transfer ownership on manufactured homes. Visit the Delta County website to access a scenarios chart with writable forms.