Complete the Roofing Permit Application, sign, and return the application. All information that applies to your project must be completed. This includes contractor information
Re-roof permits are required to ensure that the installation of roofing materials, including plywood decking, nailing, flashing, etc. are properly installed for residential and non-residential buildings
Obtain the following information regarding the existing condition and proposed roofing materials:
• Existing – top and/or second layer material, specify if existing roof material will be removed or if project consists of an overlay.
• Proposed – if overlaying, provide number of layers, type of material and weight per each square; sheathing type
Structural and Construction Loads
Structural roof components shall be capable of supporting the roof–covering system and the material and equipment loads that will be encountered during installation of the system.
Re-covering versus replacement
New roof coverings shall not be installed without first removing all existing layers of roof covering where any of the following conditions occur:
1. Where the existing roof or roof covering is water soaked or has deteriorated to the point that the existing roof or roof covering is not adequate as a base for additional roofing.
2. Where the existing roof covering is wood shake, slate, clay, cement or asbestos-cement tile. 3. Where the existing roof has two or more applications of any type of roof covering.
3. Where the existing roof has two or more applications of any type of roof covering.
1. New or Existing Roof Sheathing Inspection Required after the existing roof is torn off completely; new decking, nails and staples are installed according to nationally recognized standards, and roof assembly installation instructions (also refer to Plywood Sheathing Nail Diagram). Inspection is required prior to concealing the roof with felt, paper, roofing or any other material concealment.
2. Mid roof inspection required for all roofs that are 4:12 pitch or lower. This inspection is to verify correct underlayment installation and fastening.
3. Final Inspection Schedule a Final Inspection after the project is complete.
Re-roofing permit fees are $100 per roof