The airport is owned and operated by Rio Blanco County. The Rangely Airport is proud to be the home of the Colorado Northwestern Community College (CNCC) flight school; a two year program that operates from Sept. thru May. Other operations include corporate jets, helicopters, personal aircraft, and ultra-lights.
- A courtesy vehicle can be arranged by calling the airport manager in advance.
- Airframe service: None
- Bottled oxygen: None
- Bulk oxygen: None
- Fuel available: 100LL
- Minor emergency services upon request.
- Parking: tie downs (No fees)
- Powerplant service: None
- Self service fuel available with credit card.
- The airport is attended 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
RemarksAttended 24/7. Beacon located on hill southwest of airport. Intensive flight training in area. Monitor 123.5 for training operations at airport. Three flashing hazard lights outline obstructing hills to the east. Deer are periodically on and in the vicinity of the runway.
- 3/21 Permanently Closed
- Communications: CTAF/UNICOM 122.8
- Denver FSS (DEN) TF 1-800-WX-BRIEF. NOTAM FILE DEN.
- Latitude: N40deg05.68'
- Lights: 6/24 MIRL
- Longitude: W108deg45.67'
- Noise/Landing Procedures: 6500' MSL multi-engine aircraft
- Radio aids to navigation NOTAM file den.
- Radio: CTAF/UNI 122.8
- RCO 122.65 (Denver FSS)
- Runway 06: PAPI (P2L)-GA 30deg. TCH 40deg. Trees Right traffic.
- Runway 24: Road
- Runway: 6/24 6400 X 75 - Asphalt
FAA Information Effective 22 August 2013
- Elevation: 5278 ft. / 1608.7 m (surveyed)
- FAA Identifier: 4V0
- From city: 2 miles E of Rangely, CO
- Latitude/Longitude (estimated):
- 40-05-38.3000N / 108-45-47.0000W
- 40-05.638333N / 108-45.783333W
- 40.0939722 / -108.7630556
- Time zone: UTC -6 (UTC -7 during Standard Time)
- Variation: 13E (1985)
- Zip code: 81648
- Activation date: 05/1962
- Airport use: Open to the public
- ARTCC: Denver Center
- Attendance: Continuous
- Beacon located on BLM property. Operates sunset to sunrise.
- Beacon: white-green (lighted land airport)
- Control tower: no
- FOR SERVCIE CALL 970-675-2316
- FSS: Denver Flight Service Station
- Lights: ACTVT MIRL RY 06/24 and REIL RYS 06 & 24 - CTAF. PAPI RY 06 OPER 24 HRS.
- NOTAMs facility: DEN (NOTAM-D service available)
- Sectional chart: Cheyenne
- Segmented circle: yes
- Wind indicator: lighted
- Automated UNICOM.
- CTAF/UNICOM: 122.8
- EKRr257/38.5 Meeker VOR/DME 115.20 15E
- Nearby radio navigation aids
- VELr102/37.6 VERNAL VOR/DME 108.20 15E
- VOR radial/distance VOR name Freq Var
- +60 TREES 2300 FT FM RY 06. 15 ft. road, 615 ft. from runway, 27:1 slope to clear
- Dimensions: 6409 x 75 ft. / 1953 x 23 m
- Double wheel: 28.0
- Elevation: 5237.3 ft. 5277.8 ft.
- Gradient: 0.6% UP 0.8%
- Latitude: 40-05.523883N 40-05.753845N
- Longitude: 108-46.453198W 108-45.112075W
- Markings: nonprecision, in good condition nonprecision, in good condition
- Obstructions: 20 ft. road, 600 ft. from runway, 20:1 slope to clear
- Runway 6 Runway 24
- Runway 6/24
- Runway edge lights: medium intensity
- Runway end identifier lights: yes yes
- Single wheel: 28.0
- Surface: asphalt, in good condition
- Touchdown point: yes, no lights yes, no lights
- Traffic pattern: right left
- Visual slope indicator: 2-light PAPI on left (3.00 degrees glide path)
- Weight bearing capacity:
Official Airport Ownership & Management
- County Contact: Samantha Lopez
- Manager: Jason Krueger
2248 E Main
Rangely, CO 81648
- Owner: Rio Blanco County
P.O. Box 599
Meeker, CO 81641
- Ownership: Publicly-owned
Airport Operational Statistics
- <1% air taxi
- <1% military
- 11% transient general aviation
- 89% local general aviation
- Aircraft based on the field: 20
- Aircraft operations: avg 129/day*
- Gliders airplanes: 1
- Multi engine airplanes: 1
- Single engine airplanes: 18
- Deer periodically on and in vicinity of airport.
- RY 06/24 Shoulders soft when wet.
- Three flashing hazard beacons outline obstruction hills e.
- Turfway marked with blue reflectors.