Board of County Commissioners
URGENT PRESS RELEASE - JANUARY 31, 2023
JANUARY 31, 2023
The Board of County Commissioners of Rio Blanco County, Colorado have been informed that a significant portion of the CCITF Grant funds awarded to the Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District were lost in an apparent wire transfer fraud scam perpetrated against the Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District.
On April 12, 2022, the Rio Blanco County Board of County Commissioners awarded a $4,000,000.00 grant to the Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District for the purpose of facilitating the White River Regional Water Supply Project also known as the Wolf Creek Reservoir Project. These funds were paid to the Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District in a one-time lump sum payment and were to be segregated from other funds belonging to the District.
This matter is currently under investigation by the FBI and the banks involved. In order not to interfere with the investigation in this matter, no other details can be released at this time.
About the Board
The mission of the Board of County Commissioners is to provide the necessary guidelines for the Rio Blanco County Government. The Board adopts the budget, sets the Mill Levy and approves all County cash disbursements. The Board is responsible for keeping the County in compliance with Federal and State regulations and statutes. The Board acts as the Board of Equalization, the Board of Adjustment, the Board of Human Services, and the County Board of Health.
The mission of Rio Blanco County is to provide services in a fair, respectful and professional manner consistent with the customs and culture of the citizens of Rio Blanco County.
- Meetings will begin at 11:00 A.M. and will be live streamed on the Rio Blanco County YouTube Channel.
- Meetings will be held in Meeker on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Rio Blanco County Courthouse, located at 555 Main Street, 3rd Floor, Commissioners Hearing Room, Meeker, Colorado.
- Meetings will be held in Rangely on the 4th Tuesday of each month at the Rio Blanco County Annex Building, located at 17497 Hwy 64, Rangely, Colorado.
- A recording of the meeting is available by contacting the Clerk & Recorder's office at 970-878-9460.
- If you need special accommodations, please call 970-878-9683 in advance of the meeting so that reasonable accommodations may be made.
- By Appointment As Available - Please contact 970-878-9431 to schedule an Appointment.
- Work Sessions will be held on the 2nd, and 4th Tuesday of each month
inMeeker. Work Sessions will be held the 3rd Tuesday of each month in Rangely. The schedule may change depending on conflicts or changes.
- Work Sessions with the Commissioners are available on scheduled meeting days, prior to 10:45 AM or after the conclusion of the Board of County Commissioner regular meetings. Work Sessions are informal meetings and are open to the public. To schedule a Work Session or for special accommodations, please call (970) 878-9431.