STAGE 2 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
STAGE 2 FIRE RESTRICTIONS ORDER EFFECTIVE 6/25/2021
Pursuant to Rio Blanco County Resolution 2019-06 the following acts are prohibited in Rio Blanco County.
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire, charcoal grill, coal, wood burning stove or sheepherders stove, including in developed camping and picnic grounds.
Devices using pressurized liquid or gas are exempted.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, trailer, building or tent.
3. Using an explosive requiring fuse or blasting caps, fireworks, rockets, exploding targets and tracers or incendiary ammunition.
4. Operating a chainsaw without an approved spark arrestor, and without a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher and a round-point shovel with an overall length of at least 35
inches. The extinguisher will be with the equipment operator. The shovel may be kept with fueling supplies but readily available for use.
5. Welding, or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame (except with a current permit, contract or letter of authorization).
6. Operating or using any internal combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order meeting either:
a. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service Standard 5100-1a;
b. or Appropriate Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) recommended practice J335
(b) and J350 (a).
A. Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
B. Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
This order becomes effective at 12:01 AM, June 25th, 2021 and will remain until rescinded. Violations of these regulations could be punishable as a Class 6 felony 18-13-109(2)(a)