June 16, 2021 10:24 AM
STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
Rio Blanco County Transitions back to Stage 1 Fire Restrictions on Wednesday July 14, 2021
STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS ORDER
Pursuant to Rio Blanco County Resolution 2019-06 the following acts are prohibited in Rio Blanco County.
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire except within agency-provided fire grates at developed recreation sites. Devices using gas, jellied petroleum, or pressurized liquid fuel are permitted.
2. Using burn barrels or burn pits to burn trash/rubbish.
3. Smoking, except in an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
4. Operating a chainsaw without a USDA or SAE approved spark arrestor properly installed and working, a chemical fire extinguisher of not less than 8 ounces capacity by weight, and one round point shovel with an overall length of at least 36 inches.
5. Using a welder, either arc or gas, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame, except in cleared areas of at least 10 feet in diameter with a chemical pressurized fire extinguisher of not less than 8 ounces capacity.
6. Using exploding targets or illegal fireworks.
• Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
• Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
• Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
This order becomes effective at 12:01 AM, July 14, 2021 and will remain in force until rescinded.
Violations of these regulations could be punishable as a Class 6 felony 18-13-109(2)(a)